Sunday, July 14, 2013

Google Spreadsheet Sum range up to non blank cell

Question:

( by Zack18 )

Hello,

What formula should I write to sum all cells in a given range (A1:A13), except for the last cell in the range that isn't blank.  If, for example, cell A:10 is the last cell that isn't blank, then I only want to sum cells A1:A9 (although if A:11:A13 were summed too that wouldn't really matter because they'd be blank anyways).

Thanks in advance for your help,

Zack


Solution:

Have a look at the following screenshot:




I have the following formula in Cell C1:

=sum(query(A1:A13;"select * limit "& count(query(A1:A13;"select *"))-1))



I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.


I also take up private and confidential projects:
If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment