Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Google Spreadsheet referencing Cell in another Sheet

Question:

I'm looking to set up a main worksheet that can copy data based upon a title.

I want to be able to copy data from specific weeks so the worksheet may look like:

How can I say on another worksheet, copy the sales income and cost cells if the reference cell has week 1 written in it.

This reference cell could then be changed to week 2, week 3 or week 4 and it will automatically bring the new data into this worksheet?

Thanks,
Nick

Solution:

Following is the screenshot of Sheet1:


And now put the following Formula in Cell A2 of Sheet2:

=transpose(query(transpose('Sheet1'!A:B);"select Col2,Col3,Col4,Col5 where Col1 = '" & A1 & "'"))

Now if you put 'week 1' in Cell A1, you will get the following output:


I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.
I also take up private and confidential projects:

If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html

Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment