Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Google Spreadsheet Calculating Working Time and Wages

Question:

( by Matthew Edmund )

Hello,

I'm using Google Docs: Sheets to record time spent acting as a Conservator. I would like to calculate total time worked by my hourly wage. Right now I have it setup so:

Column B is starting time
Column C is ending time
Column D calculates the total time worked for that entry by the formulate =C:C-B:B

I would like Column E to take the time worked in column D and multiply it by my hourly wage of $10 an hour to give the amount owed for that time entry.

I've been looking around for a simple formula to do this, but I found the guides confusing and seemingly over complicated for such a simple computation. Any help would be appreciated.

- Matthew



Solution:

Have a look at the following screenshot of my spreadsheet:



I have the following formula in the Cell D1:
=ArrayFormula(if(row(A:A)=1;"Working Time";if(A:A="";"";C:C-B:B)))

And the following formula in the Cell E1:
=ArrayFormula(if(row(A:A)=1;"Wages";if(A:A="";"";round((hour(D:D)*10)+(minute(D:D)*10/60);2))))


The formula in Cell D1 will auto count the working time for all the rows, and the formula in Cell E1 will auto count the wages ( on $10/hour basis ) for all the rows.



I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.

I also take up private and confidential projects:
If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment