Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Google Spreadsheet Counting in Arrayformula

Question:

by David.J.A )

a simple formula I would like as a column heading with an array formula, but it's not working.

=IF(Countif(E2:J2,"No")=6,"Ready","Not Ready") << this formula works. If it counts 6 No's, status is ready. Else it's not ready.

When I try to put it in an arrayformula it doesn't work. :(

=Arrayformula(IF(Row(P:P)=1;"Ready for check?";IF(Countif(E1:E:J1:J,"No")=6,"Ready","Not Ready")))

That's what i've tried, now I'm sure the reference E1:E:J1:J is wrong for a start,

Solution:

Have a look at the following screenshot:



I have inserted the following formula in Cell P1:
=Arrayformula(IF(Row(P:P)=1;"Ready for check?";IF((E:E="No")*(F:F="No")*(G:G="No")*(H:H="No")*(I:I="No")*(J:J="No"),"Ready","Not Ready")))


I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.

I also take up private and confidential projects:
If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment