Sunday, September 15, 2013

Google Spreadsheet Query function to count rows

Question:

( by Mo S )


Here's what my sheet looks like (based on form responses).
PersonAvailabilitySTATUS
BobMondays, Tuesdaysapproved
JoeMondays, Wednesdays
FishMondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdaysapproved

Here's what i want the results to look like:

RESULTS (on another sheet))
MondaysTuesdaysWednesdays
221

Basically, the query function needs to count how many ppl are available on those days that are also approved.

The query function i currently use does not consider the 3rd column becuz i dont know how to make it:s

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

I am using firefox/win 7


Solution:


Have a look at the following screenshot of Sheet "Sheet1":



Have a look at the following screenshot of Sheet "Sheet2":


In the above sheet I have the following formula in Cell A2:
=arrayformula( countif( if( 'Sheet1'!C:C = "approved" ; 'Sheet1'!B:B ; "" ) ; "*"&A1:C1&"*" ) )


I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.


I also take up private and confidential projects:
If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment