Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Google Spreadsheet Find an average which will be sorted within the numbers itself

Question:

( by Ole Lasse Bjellaas )


Hei.

I'm trying to find an average, which will be sorted within the numbers itself. I found it very hard, and it's actually a time pressing matter. For instance:


Which class | Number of people
  Class A     |  50
  Class B     |  25
  Average    |  24,5
  Class C     |  15
  Class D     |   8

The acutall math will be: (50+25+15+8) / 4. But shouldn't "=median()" do that? But the thing is, how can I separate the numbers for this? Like, i need b2+b3+b5+b6/4, is there an easier way?

Solution:

Have a look at the following screenshot:


I have the following formula in Cell B6:
=average(B2:B5)

I have the following formula in Cell B6:
=query(A:B;"select * order by B desc";1)


I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.


I also take up private and confidential projects:
If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment