Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Google Spreadsheet Dynamically create rows of data with user input

Question:

( by MattMan )


I want to enter a number like 15 into cell B4 and another number like 50 into cell B7. 
Then I want A11's value to start on B7.
Then i want A12 to be =SUM(A11 +1)
I want this to keep on going while the number of created rows is less than or equal to B4.

So I want 15 (or whatever number is dynamically entered into B4) new rows of numbers in just 1 column adding 1 to the previous number and the numbers need to start on B7's value.

so it would look like this

B4 = 4
B7 = 20

20
21
22
23

so 4 new rows, starting at 20, adding 1 each new row.
Thanks in advance,
Matt

Solution:

Have a look at the following animated screenshot:


I have the following formula in Cell A11:

=arrayformula(if(row(indirect("B1:B"&B4));B7+row(indirect("B1:B"&B4))))


I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.


I also take up private and confidential projects:
If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment