Friday, September 28, 2012

Custom filter function solution

Question:

( by Heman )


I'm sure the answer is out there 100 times, but I can't find it...
I have a worksheet with part numbers and locations in a warehouse. Say "Part #'s are in column A and "Locations" are in column B.
I want to be able to enter into cell C1 a part# that corresponds to a number somewhere in column A, and then in C2, automatically display the cell contents of the one next to that cell in A.
To further explain, If I enter 350786-Q into C1 as my part #... it finds that match in cell A42. Now I want it to display the contents of B42 in cell C2. How do I go about this?
Thanks in advance.
Me.



Solution:

Put the following formula in Cell C2:

=FILTER(B:B;A:A=C1)

The above formula will return you the value from Column B where C1 is equal to in Column A.


I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself, I will try to help you out.


I also take up private or confidential projects:

If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 

Thanks,
Kishan,


No comments:

Post a Comment