Friday, September 7, 2012

Count values in another sheet

Question:
(By Samuel)

i have a problem and cant figure it out..i have a google doc with 2 sheets, in the 1st sheet called details i have a column called "sold by" with the csr ids in them and another column called "disposition" with the words "active" or "cancelled" in them..and in the 2nd sheet called "totals" i have a column with each rep id with another column with active and another with cancelled..

i just need to count how many active/cancelled sales does each rep has to show on the 2nd sheet

Sheet "Details":



Sheet "totals":




Solution:

You have to put the following formula in Cell A2:
=unique(Details!I2:I)

And then you have to put the following formula in Cell B2:
=count(filter(Details!I2:I;Details!I2:I=A2;Details!V2:V="active"))
and then drag formula from B2 to as per your requirement.


And then you have to put the following formula in Cell C2:
=count(filter(Details!I2:I;Details!I2:I=A2;Details!V2:V="cancelled"))
and then drag formula from B2 to as per your requirement.


That's it, you are done, and you will get your desired results.


I hope the above solution will help you, and if you need more help then please do comment below on this blog itself I will try to help you out.

If this blog post was helpful to you, and if you think you want to help me too and make my this blog survive then please donate here: http://igoogledrive.blogspot.com/2012/09/donate.html 


Thanks,
Kishan,

No comments:

Post a Comment